Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

First day of the rest of my life

That sounds so melodramatic.  But really, that is what I want today to be. The first day of the rest of my life... a life that is filled with health and longevity.  And the only person who can make that happen is me.

Four months ago my husband and I welcomed our first son into the world.  It was an amazing experience, and being a mother has been a life changing experience for me. It has made me see the world, and myself, in a whole new light. And what I want above all else is to be here for as long as I can with him.

Anyone who knows me can tell you that I am overweight and don't take care of myself.  Well, starting today that is going to change.  I am going to start eating right and exercising.  I will provide a healthy example for my child.  I will encourage my husband to do the same, so that we have a better chance of growing old and watching our family grow together.  And maybe I'll be able to help someone else have the strength to make the same changes I am determined to.

No comments:

Post a Comment