Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Monday 10/10/2011 Check-In

Starting Weight: 190.4
Last Week's Weight: 184.6
Current Weight: 186.7

Well, this week obviously wasn't a rip roaring success.  Yes, my weight is still lower than that first day I got on the scale and was shocked into action.  But a two pound increase over the last week was NOT what I wanted to see this morning.

I suppose it shouldn't come as much of a shock that I gained weight.  I ate far to much ice cream sandwiches, brownies and peach cobbler after the party this weekend.  And before that I wasn't exactly sticking to my meal plan.  But instead of giving up, like I would have a year ago, I am determined to stay the course and get my life changes on track.

After much deliberation I have decided that I am going to restart my diet, though with a few modifications.  I do feel that the South Beach Program is still the best fit for me, especially since the first two weeks are designed to help you purge the processed sugar from your system that cause you to crave more processed sugar.  But I obviously need something to which I must be accountable.

Therefore I am going to follow a modified Weight Watchers/South Beach Diet Plan.  Thanks to some very wonderful friends I have calculated that I need to consume at least 36 points per day since I am breastfeeding.  So while I am going to follow the South Beach Plan I am going to make sure that I don't go over my allotted Weight Watchers Points.  And if for some reason I slip up and eat something I shouldn't (like the left over peach cobbler I had for dessert tonight), as long as I am within my points I am not going to be too hard on myself.

The other change I am going to make is to prepare the majority of my daytime meals at night before I go to bed.  Having my snacks and lunch already assembled and easy to grab will make it easier for me to keep on track when I am running out the door to run errands or taking care of things around the house.  No more excuse to stop at McDonalds when I have my lunch packed with me.

So here's to a new week, and the hope that by next week's weigh in I'm at least 4 lbs lower than I currently am.  I seriously need to get back on track if I'm going to lose 25 lbs by Christmas Day.

1 comment:

  1. following you. let me know how your ww/SB diet works when you figure it out :)

    ReplyDelete