Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

3/12/2012 Weekly Check-In

New Starting Weight: 195.1 lbs

I welcome you all... and myself... back to my journey for a healthier life style.  This is my first week truly focusing on making the healthy changes in my life and that of my family since the death of my father.   It has been a roller coaster, but I am finally coming to terms with our loss and I am determined more than ever to change my health and be a better role model for my family.

In the coming weeks I hope to share with you the little changes we plan on making in our life.  But for today I will simply share with you my "new" starting point.  If you look back through my posts (yes, I know you don't have to look far) you can see the toll in my weight that emotional eating has had on me.  And while I am starting 10 lbs higher than I did last October it makes me even more aware of the struggles I have ahead.

This will by no means be an easy journey.  And anyone who joins me on this quest should know up front that it takes a great deal of planning, execution, and willpower to make the types of changes I have planned for myself and my family.  Recognizing this is the first step towards success.  The second is knowing that while you may slip off of your intended path that each day presents a new opportunity for success.

Don't let your previous failures sabotage your future.  Learn from them, for they can provide valuable information regarding your weakness so that you can adapt.  Then let them go.  Embrace the changes you want to make and the person you want to be.  And get up make yourself a healthy snack and get out and get active.  That's what I'm going to do starting right now.

2 comments:

  1. I agree!

    I am just starting to go down the same path & I can relate to you, we're about the same weight right now.

    I look forward to reading more of your posts, & if you would like to check out my blog its: www.livelaughlovehandles.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fully understand the stress that a death can put on you. I had a rough 12 months from Sept 2010-2011 and gained 50lbs putting myself back at a 10lb higher starting weight than I'd had in April 2010. My weight loss was finally the thing that made me happy instead of waiting to get happy before I could do it.

    You can do it!

    ReplyDelete