Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Shred Challenge - Day 1

Today's work out seriously kicked my butt.  I felt so exhausted after on 20 minutes working out.  I certainly have quite a bit of stamina to build up, and will admit that I stopped a few times to catch my breath and let my muscles have a break.

However, I was able to get all the way through the Level 1 workout without turning off the DVD before the cool-down!  That in and of itself is an accomplishment.  I know that with some determination that I will be able to see huge benefits from this program.

After completing today's workout I felt invigorated and motivated to keep moving.  So I strapped my son into the stroller and with him and my mother I walked 4 miles.  My legs are exhausted and I feel more tired than I have in a long time, but being able to say that I did both (and can still bend over to pick up my son... at least for the time being) is something that I am extremely proud of.

And as an added bonus my sister has agreed to join me for a little "Shred Challenge".  During the next 3 months my sister and I will be doing the 30 Day Shred program, moving through the different levels each month.  You will see her stats for weekly weigh-ins and monthly measurements along with mine, at least for the duration of the challenge, as well as before and after pictures so you can *hopefully* see the results of the program.  (Or until either one of us gives up, but I'm hoping that will not happen).  Each month we will determine who the "winner" is and she will be treated by the "loser" to a non-food prize of her choice... to be redeemed when I visit her in June.

The best part is that no matter which one of us loses the most each month we will both be losing weight and getting ready for Summer!

2 comments:

  1. I seriously need to try that DVD, I have heard of others have really great success with it.

    My biggest problem is sticking to it and working out like I should lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, it has been a really great program so far, but you definitely have to force yourself to push through the first few days because your entire body hurts so much that you just don't want to do it again. And I will say that even if I don't lose lots of inches over the next month I will be happy because I am definitely getting in shape and feeling like I can finally be active again.

    You should join the shred challenge! We can be each other's motivation.

    ReplyDelete