Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Shred Challenge - Day 3

This morning I woke up after two days of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and walking as well to a very sore, stiff body.  I hurt everywhere.  Even the ibuprofen I took didn't relieve the pain I was feeling.  I wanted to curl up in bed and not move all day long.  But with a 9 month old son that wasn't really a possibility.

So up I got.  As far as the couch.  I really wasn't feeling up to doing the exercises at all, and was seriously considering taking the day off.  Yesterday when Rainman told me that today was going to be awful regardless of whether I worked out or not I proceeded on with day 2 and was now seriously regretting it.  Even though I knew I should, it took me an hour to convince myself that I just needed to dive in and do the workout.

I am so glad that I did.  After the first couple of moves my body started to loosen up and I felt semi-human again.  Don't get me wrong, every muscle in my body hurt, but for some reason getting into the activity made it hurt just a little less.  My endurance for the exercises had even increased, despite the pain, and I was able to go longer before stopping to rest than I had when I first started.

After finishing the workout - which Bug decided he needed to "help" with by providing extra resistance every time he could hold on to me or pin me to the floor while doing crunches - I collapsed back on the couch to rest, but felt amazing. So much so that when Rainman got home from work early we decided to all go for a hike through the woods behind our home to a nearby park and played frisbee for a half hour before the rain chased us home.

30 Day Shred, a 1 1/2 mile hike through the woods, and 30 minutes playing frisbee?  Not too bad if I do say so myself.

1 comment: