Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Weight Watchers

With my mom in town we have been talking a lot about Weight Watchers, which she joined in January.  I have looked at the program before, but have never really followed through with it.  Tracking all of my food points has always been too much for me to do.

But since she offered to assist me with it, I decided to give the Online program a try.  I have their App on my iPhone, which makes tracking my points a bit easier because I almost always have it on me.  Today was the first day that I actually tracked my points, and I am proud to say that I was right on target, despite not actually planning my food that way.

For me, the best part of doing this is that I can see exactly how many "points" my fitness activities are earning me.  For 20 minutes of the Shred to equal 5 points is amazing.  Despite not being able to see immediate results to my body I can see what my exercise equals... and what types of foods I can chose to indulge in that negate my efforts.  For example, an ice cream cone at our local scoop shop is equivalent to 1 30 Day Shred workout.  Suddenly that ice cream cone doesn't seem worth it.

As I am just starting my journey with Weight Watchers, and determining how that is going to fit in with the other changes Rainman and I plan to make in our overall lifestyle, I have very little to share.  But please check back and see how we are progressing in the future.  And share any of your success stories with the program too!

No comments:

Post a Comment